Dewi Kharisma Michellia's stories and reportages had been published in several Indonesia's respected newspapers, such as Koran Tempo, Jawa Pos, Jakartabeat, Media Indonesia, Jurnal Perempuan, Pindai, Jurnal Ruang, and many more.
cofounded OAK Publisher, an indie publisher based in Yogyakarta,
along with 3 other colleagues in 2015 and resigned in 2016 as she moved to
Jakarta. In 2018, along with 12 other female colleagues, she ran a collective, Ruang
Perempuan dan Tulisan (Women Writers Space and Writings), with an initiative
to read the works of women writers in Indonesia and mainstream these writings and literary figures to the wider
audiences. Currently, since 2018, she serves as book review editor for Jurnal Ruang.
Her first novel is published in 2013 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama, Surat Panjang tentang Jarak Kita yang Jutaan Tahun Cahaya, and her short story collection, Elegi, published by Grasindo in 2017.
is a showcase, a trace of how she spent (and wasted) her time from 2011 onwards:
- Pantai Cermin (Koran Tempo, 19 June 2011), this short story is translated into English for "Translation Tuesday" series (Asymptote, 13 November 2018), see the English version: Mirror Beach.
- Rindu (Koran Tempo, 29 July 2012)
- Ikrar Layang-layang (Majalah Sastra Libri [Literasi Buruh Migran Indonesia], September 2012)
- Ziarah (Jawa Pos, 21 October 2012)
- Saudade (Majalah Balairung, 2012)
- Ajal (Media Indonesia, 6 July 2013)
- Tanda (Jakartabeat.net, 19 May 2013)
- Mengantar (Jakartabeat.net, 10 May 2014)
- Pulau Arwah (Indoprogress.com, Edisi LKIP 18, 6 June 2014)
- Keputusan Ely (Media Indonesia, 3 August 2014)
- Si Malakama (Bali Post, 4 January 2015)
- Penulis Fiksi (Koran Tempo, 12 July 2015)
- Semiliar Perbedaan (Bali Post, 13 September 2015)
- Forum Keluarga (Koran Tempo, 24 September 2016)
- Kesedihan (Bali Post, 25 September 2016)
- Hidup Kita Selepas Elegi (Media Indonesia, 18 December 2016)
- Kita Bahkan Tidak Perlu Berbisik (Jurnal Perempuan No. 93/2017)
- Surat Panjang tentang Jarak Kita yang Jutaan Tahun Cahaya (Gramedia Pustaka Utama in 2013). The novel is translated into English to be displayed by the publisher in Frankfurt Book Fair 2015. See the English version: A Long Letter about the Millions of Light Years between Us (Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2016).
- A Copy of My Mind, a film-to-novel adaptation (Grasindo, 2016).
SHORT STORY COLLECTION
- Elegi (Grasindo,
- Cerita Cinta Indonesia: 45 Cerpen Terpilih (Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2014)
- Tubaba: Kerja Sastra dari Tulang Bawang Barat (Banana & Studiohanafi, 2016)
- The Book of Jakarta (Comma Press UK, Forthcoming this year)
- Political Ecology of Disaster and Climate Change: Wacana Issue 29 (INSISTPress, 2013)
- Political Ecology REDD+: Political Contestation, Capital, and Knowledge: Wacana Issue 39 (INSISTPress, 2013)
- Kyoto Review Issue 24/September 2018, Twenty Years After Suharto
- Kyoto Review Issue 25/March 2019, Land Governance in Laos
- Kyoto Review Issue 26/September 2019, Beyond the Cold War in Southeast Asia
- Kyoto Review Issue 27/March 2020, Remapping Siam: Regions and Identity in Thailand
- Kyoto Review Issue 28/September 2020, At the Margins of the Siamese Kingdom: Violent Conflict in Southern Thailand
BOOK COPYEDIT, INDEX, AND PROOFREAD
- Amir Sjarifoeddin: Nasionalis yang Tersisih by Yema Siska Purba (PolGov, 2013)
- Ekonomi Politik Kolonialisme: Perspektif Kebijakan Ekonomi Politik Pemerintahan Hindia Belanda dalam Mengelola Industri Gula Mangkunegaran pada 1870-1930 by Mahesti Hasanah (PolGov, 2014)
- Politik Kain Timur: Instrumen Meraih Kekuasaan by Haryanto (PolGov, 2015)
- Politik Uang di Indonesia: Patronase dan Klientelisme di Pemilu Legislatif 2014 by Edward Aspinall and Mada Sukmajati (PolGov, 2014)
- Terbenam dan Tersingkir di Paris dan London, from George Orwell’s Down and Out in Paris and London, translated by Widya Mahardika Putra (OAK, 2015)
- Zadig, from Voltaire’s Zadig, translated by Widya Mahardika Putra (OAK, 2015)
- Mati Bahagia, from Albert Camus’ La mort heureuse, translated by Widya Mahardika Putra (OAK, 2016)
- Bagaimana Si Miskin Mati, from George Orwell’s selected essays, translated by Widya Mahardika Putra (OAK, 2016)
- Satu Setengah Mata-mata by Nirwan Dewanto (OAK, 2016)
- Semasa by Teddy Wijaya Kusuma and Maesy Angelina (OAK, 2017)
- Pak Supi: Kakek Pengungsi by S. Rukiah Kertapati (Ultimus, 2018)
- Resepsi (Pull-The-String Film, Maret 2013) collaborated with Maulvi DM and Nara Indra Prima Satya for the screenplay, art director
- Creative writing process on writing Surat Panjang Tentang Jarak Kita yang Jutaan Tahun Cahaya interviewed by Muhidin M. Dahlan, Angkringan Buku | Radio Iboekoe, access here.
- Creative writing process, interviewed by Fairuz Mumtaz, Book on Cam | Radio Iboekoe, YouTube video access, click here.
- Creative writing process, beradadisini.com, interviewed by Hanny Kusumawati, access here, mirror: The Writer's Nest.
- Creative writing process, rumahpembaca.com interviewed by Damar Juniarto (Tanam Ide Kreasi), snippet here.
- Creative writing process, literasi.co with Bengkel Menulis Gerakan Literasi Indonesia batch IX, access here.
- Creative writing process on the novel adaptation, A Copy of My Mind, interviewed by Avicenna Raksa Santana, Ruang Gramedia.com (for the information, please ask the interviewer Avicenna).
- The writer’s childhood stories, interviewed by Norman Erikson Pasaribu, Ruang Gramedia.com (for the information, please ask the interviewer Norman).
- Creative writing process, on the stories with death theme-related, interviewed by Rizka Nur Laily Muallifa, Pawonsastra.com, access here.